Grill bok choy is a great dish to serve with a meal which is cheap, healthy, and quick to make. An underutilized ingredient, bok choy is commonly found at most grocery stores. The mild flavor pairs well with a variety of marinades if you get flavor-bored easily.
Table of Contents
Grilled Bok Choy
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Thai chilies Minced
- 5 Bulbs Bok Choy Shanhai variety
- To make the marinade, add ingredients to a bowl large enough to hold the bok choy. Whisk ingredients together briskly. Place bok choy in bowl, turning and thoroughly coating. Let rest at least one hour, ideally more than three.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place bok choy on grill, turning frequently. Remove when leaves are lightly charred and bulb is slightly soft to fork.
- The bulb-end of the bok choy may be tough, depending on size, cut the end off if you prefer a less-chewey food.
From recipes using locally sourced ingredients and terroir-centric cooking, craft cocktails, to the latest in tech and home DIY projects, Michael yearns to share his learned and found knowledge of the world.