Grilled bok choy is an incredibly healthy and delicious vegetable to accompany any meal. The mild flavor pairs well with a variety of marinades if you get flavor-bored easily. This Asian-inspired marinade infuses the bok choy with an irresistible sweet, savory and spicy flavor combination. Commonly found at most grocery stores, this underutilized veggie is cheap, healthy, and quick to make.
Table of Contents
The Health Benefits of Bok Choy
Bok choy, a member of the Brassica family, is chock-full of full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This type of cabbage, native to China, has been known to aid in the prevention of cancer, is anti-inflammatory and lowers the risk of heart disease.
Bok choy contains compounds such as vitamins C and E, beta-carotene, folate, and selenium, which are all powerful antioxidants that can battle free radicals and help prevent cell damage. This veggie is rich in fiber, which helps maintain gut health and folate and vitamin B6 can help lower the risk of heart disease.
Grilled Bok Choy
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Thai chilies Minced
- 5 Bulbs Bok Choy Shanhai variety
- To make the marinade, add ingredients to a bowl large enough to hold the bok choy. Whisk ingredients together briskly. Place bok choy in bowl, turning and thoroughly coating. Let rest at least one hour, ideally more than three.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place bok choy on grill, turning frequently. Remove when leaves are lightly charred and bulb is slightly soft to fork.
- The bulb-end of the bok choy may be tough, depending on size, cut the end off if you prefer a less-chewey food.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
I strive to paint vivid landscapes with my words, bringing the magic of far-off lands and enchanting aromas to life for my readers. Combine passion for exploration and the art of gastronomy in an unending ode to the senses. When I’m not traversing the globe, I find solace in the earth beneath my fingertips, tending to my garden and working on projects around my verdant oasis. MK Library serves as a beacon, guiding fellow travelers and homebodies alike to embrace sustainability, nurturing both our planet and our souls with purpose. Full Bio.