These are some overviews of the cool features of our tiny house on wheels. In our tiny house on wheels we knew there had to be some sacrifices made, so we figured out what was most important to us and went from there. Some of the cool features include: Beautiful …
Long story short, this tiny house thinking process started around December 2014 due to a realization that we don’t want to be stuck in jobs we do not like, chasing dollars, wasting our lives not doing things we enjoy.
- January 2015, we started to sell items and downsize for the next 8 months.
- February 2015, We travelled to Portland to stay in a Tiny House to see what it was like.
- Mid March 2015, we ordered our trailer and we had the privilege to assist in a tiny house build for our friends on Tiny House Nation
- Mid April 2015, our trailer arrived.
- Beginning of May 2015, Subfloor was finished. Beginning of July 2015, started working on framing.
- August 2015, completed framing and roof sheathing & moved our house.
- Mid October 2015, Exterior siding and metal roofing was complete. We were dried in!
- January 1, 2016, electrical wiring completed, plumbing completed.
- Middle of January 2016, all interior insulation and interior walls installed and painted!
- As of February 2016, we started living in our tiny house.. Although we have much further to go with reducing our possessions, we love our house. It’s so comfortable. We hope you like it, too!
- End of March 2016, we moved our tiny house from CA to TN!
- Mid November 2016 we moved our tiny house 20 miles, still in TN to a better location!
Tiny house cost of living is one of the biggest draws to doing this crazy tiny house thing. While Mrs. Epic and I were considering a tiny house at first, my biggest concern was something to the effect of, “What is the break even point of building and living in our …
Out Tiny House Origin Story is one of EPIC proportions! Well, maybe? I think it’s an origin story more about us waking up, realizing that the traditional “American dream” isn’t all that dreamy after all. Our trailer is ordered and will be here mid-April with the intention of getting started …
Our tiny house is finished! YAY! Why start blogging about it now? Well, yes, I suppose we are doing this backwards, as most people out there blog about their experience while building their tiny house. We tried to blog while building, sharing as we progressed in early/mid 2015 but we became overwhelmed with it …