The Midnight Manhattan cocktail takes the OG and brings an essence of cherry and astringency to those seeking a more complex and layered whiskey-forward variation. Travis Fourmont, famed bartender from the Roast restaurant in Detroit, created this for Woodford Reserve and subsequently won the 2013 Master of the Manhattan.
I tried a variation of this cocktail with Rye instead of bourbon, which I also really enjoyed and felt was a fair substitute if you are into the spiciness of a rye.
Table of Contents
Midnight Manhattan Cocktail
- 2 oz Woodford Reserve Makers 46 alternative
- ½ oz Italian Amaro
- ¼ oz Bitter Orange Liqueur Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao or Cointreau
- ¼ oz Heering Cherry Liqueur Maraschino liqueur alternative
- 4 dashes Orange Bitters
- 1 Orange peel For garnish
- 1 Cherry Luxardo or aged cherry for garnish
- Combine bourbon, amaro, and liqueurs into a mixing glass with ice and stir.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Flambe orange peel and skewer with cherry.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
I strive to paint vivid landscapes with my words, bringing the magic of far-off lands and enchanting aromas to life for my readers. Combine passion for exploration and the art of gastronomy in an unending ode to the senses. When I’m not traversing the globe, I find solace in the earth beneath my fingertips, tending to my garden and working on projects around my verdant oasis. MK Library serves as a beacon, guiding fellow travelers and homebodies alike to embrace sustainability, nurturing both our planet and our souls with purpose. Full Bio.