These roasted Moroccan carrots are as intensely flavorful as they are vibrant. Using common Moroccan spices, including cinnamon, cumin, ginger, and coriander, this dish will pair nicely with your main entrée in typical Mediterranean fashion.
Looking for the perfect entrée to accompany these carrots? Try out this Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe, featuring a menagerie of flavorful Caribbean spices.
Table of Contents
When readily available, this dish will benefit greatly from the use of fresh whole spices, which you can lightly roast and grind before using. Cumin and coriander are great options for this. Traditional Moroccan style olive oil is cold pressed and unrefined; let that guide your choice in olive oils to use.
Roasted Moroccan Carrots
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Chef's knife
- 1 lb whole carrots Rainbow carrots recommended
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon Or more, up to 1/2 teaspoon, if you like the spice
- Salt and black pepper To taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint Roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Peel the carrots and trim off the green tops.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, honey, ground cumin, ground ginger, ground coriander and ground cinnamon. Add the carrots and toss to coat.
- Place the carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and a light golden brown.
- Serve the warm carrots on a platter and top with the crumbled feta cheese and chopped fresh mint.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you peel a carrot?
With a peeler, of course! Start at the part of the carrot closest to the green part and quickly run the peeler’s edge along the carrot, away from your body and fingers.
From recipes using locally sourced ingredients and terroir-centric cooking, craft cocktails, to the latest in tech and home DIY projects, Michael yearns to share his learned and found knowledge of the world.