The Corpse Reviver No. 2 cocktail is a variation of the original Corpse Reviver, featuring an added dash of absinthe. Claimed to be a hangover cure, this cocktail certainly has the potential to jolt you awake with its strong astringent flavors.
Rumors of the Corpse Reviver date back to the 1930s at the American Bar at the Savoy Hotel in London. Multiple recipes have evolved from the three basic ingredients, adapted by famous bartenders such as Harry Craddock, Trader Vic, and published in Punch Magazine.
“To be taken before 11AM, or whenever steam or energy is needed.” – Harry Craddock.
“Four of these taken in swift succession will unrevive the corpse again.” – Savoy Cocktail Book.
You’ll want to make sure you don’t add more than just the slightest dash of absinthe or you will find the cocktail overpowered.
Exact ingredients used for this cocktail:
- Kirkland London Dry Gin
- Lillet Blanc
- Oregon Spirit Absinthe
- Meyer lemon
- Naval orange
Table of Contents
Corpse Reviver No. 2 Cocktail
- 1 oz Gin London, juniper heavy style
- 1 oz Lillet Blanc Cocchi Americano alternative
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Lemon juice Freshly squeezed
- 1 dash Absinthe
- 1 Orange peel For garnish
- Combine all ingredients into cocktail shaker.
- Add crushed ice and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a wide orange peel.
From recipes using locally sourced ingredients and terroir-centric cooking, craft cocktails, to the latest in tech and home DIY projects, Michael yearns to share his learned and found knowledge of the world.