This Paccheri Pasta recipe uses the vibrant flavors of fresh summer vegetables and Cantadina Tomato Sauce.
This recipe is sponsored by Cantadina.
Follow MK Library on your favorite social media:
When I last visited the Amalfi Coast in Italy last year, I was enamored with the vibrant flavors which came through in simple foods. Back home, I found myself watching Under the Tuscan Sun and was reminded of my time, during a scene along the Amalfi Coast. Hey, I remember that drive and watching the sunset!
Back home in Sacramento, I wanted to recreate some of the food I enjoyed, using ingredients found in my garden, and anything else thoughtfully sourced. Despite growing my own tomatoes, I prefer to use canned tomato sauce and paste – the consistency and deep flavors are something I’ve never been able to achieve on my own. That, and the nostalgia of my own Italian grandmother using the same @Contadina product years ago.
Table of Contents
Paccheri Pasta Recipe:
Paccheri Pasta with Summer Vegetables Recipe
- 4 Quart Pan
- 1 Quart Pan
- Sautee pan
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Serving dish
- 16 oz Paccheri Pasta This is the standard amount in a bag or box.
- 2 cans Contadina Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Contadina Tomato Paste
- 1 Yellow Croockneck Squash
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/4 Yellow Onion Medium sized.
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 handfuls Cherry Tomatoes Mix of red, yellow, and other cherry heirloom tomatoes.
- 3 sprigs Oregano
- Olive Oil
- In a 1 quart pan, pour a few dashes of olive oil in the pan over medium heat.
- Add in chopped yellow onion and minced garlic. Simmer until translucent.
- Add in Contadina Tomato Sauce and Contadina Tomato Paste. Stir the ingredients gently.
- Strip oregano leaves from the stem and sprinkle over the top of the tomato sauce into the shape of a heart.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring to keep bottom from burning and big bubbles from bursting.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After about 30 minutes, stirring occasionaly, remove from heat.
- In a saute pan with a dash of olive oil, slightly brown sliced squash and zucchini. Place the vegetables in bowl away from the heat.
- Braise cherry tomatoes in the saute pan until slightly wrinkled. Set aside.
- In the 4 quart pan, fill 2/3 full and bring water to a rolling boil. Follow the Paccheri pasta cooking instructions. Usually around 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the Paccheri pasta, put back into the 4 quart pan, and add in enough sauce to lightly coat the pasta.
- Add in the zucchini, squash, and cherry tomatoes. Add additional tomato sauce to taste or personal preference. Gently stir to thoroughly coat. You will have some leftover tomato sauce.
- Place the Paccheri pasta with vegetables and tomato sauce into your serving dish. Sprinkle with fresh oregano leaves and parmesan to taste.
- Present extra tomato sauce for guests to add as much as their heart desires.
Pin This Recipe: