Table of Contents
Super Simple Applesauce
Servings: 3 quarts
- 20 Cups Apples Peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Peel, core, and slice apples. About 4 dozen small to medium sized apples will bring you to 20 cups.
- Place all sliced apples into large pot on stove. Add water. Set heat to low / simmer and cover with lid.
- Stir periodically, bringing the apples up from the bottom to the top of the pot.
- When the apples have cooked into an ideal chunkyness and consistency, the applesauce is ready.
- You can serve immediately, or chill, or freeze. Garnish with spices such as cinnamon, allspice, or cloves to taste.
Too much water will make the applesauce runny. You can always add small amounts of water to thin the sauce, but you cannot take the water back out! Use sweet apples such as Fuji apples - no extra sugar is needed.