Sunflower Beet Bruschetta
Servings: 20 slices
- 1 foot Sourdough baguette
- 0.5 cup Tohkin Organic Extra Virgin Sunflower Seed Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Mozzarella or mozzarella di bufala Container of fresh mozzarella enclosed with brine
- 0.25 cup Sunflower microgreens
- 0.75 cup Beets Pre-cooked sous-vide package
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes Medium or large
- 7 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Set out ingredients
- Slice sourdough baguette into thin 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix peeled and pressed garlic cloves into bowl of Tohkin Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of each sliced baguette and lay on nonstick 12×17″ baking sheet.
- Broil for 4-7 minutes until golden on top or desired crispiness is reached. Remove immediately.
- Place several sunflower microgreens on each baguette slice.
- Add a second layer atop the microgreens with sliced mozzarella.
- Thinly slice tomatoes into pieces slightly smaller than the cheese. Layer on top.
- Cut the beets into thin triangle shaped pieces about two-thirds the size of the sliced tomatoes. Layer on top.
- Using a teaspoon, gently dollop balsamic vinegar on top of the beets. 1 teaspoon should dollop 3 slices.
- Serve within several hours.
Grab a bottle of Tohkin Sunflower Seed Oil and let me know how your recipe turned out, or how you are using sunflower seed oil in your own foodie adventures!