The FreeNAS Mini XL is designed to give customers what they need — more storage. Storage consumption is increasing exponentially, and consumers are storing all manners of data now: movies, TV shows, music, photos, home videos, and security camera footage. Users need a safe and reliable place to store that content and the FreeNAS Mini XL provides a simple solution to fulfill those needs. The FreeNAS Mini XL runs the world’s most popular and reliable storage operating system, FreeNAS. Whether you are a content creator or a media consumer, the FreeNAS Mini XL provides a long-term solution for your storage needs and can scale as your needs increase.
- High scalability, up to 48TB of uncompressed storage across 8 drive bays
- 32GB of ECC DDR SDRAM
- Tool-less drive installation
- Quiet design for use in many environments
- Dependable software featuring regular updates
- Plug-ins support a broad palate of functions and product uses
- 8-Core 2.4GHz Intel CPU with AES-NI
- 32GB DDR3 with ECC standard
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Port, Dual-Port 10Gb upgrade optional
- Dedicated RJ-45 IPMI Port (Remote Hardware Management)
- 8 x SATA 3.5″ Hot-Swappable Drive Bays
- 2 x SATA 2.5″ Internal Drive Bays
- 100V to 240V AC, 50/60Hz
- RAID-Z1 (RAID 5), RAID-Z2 (RAID 6), ZFS Mirror (RAID 10), ZFS Stripe ZFS RAID Engine
Full-featured, compact, and reliable NAS & SAN storage system. Powered by FreeNAS, the #1 Open Source storage OS, and protected by the self-healing ZFS filesystem. Built-in RAID keeps your data safe and available, error-protection keeps it free from corruption, and snapshots protect it from ransomware attacks and human error.
Performance-Oriented and Quiet Hardware Design: 32GB ECC RAM | 8-Core 2.4GHz Intel Atom CPU | 8x 3.5″ Tool-less Hot-Swap SATA Drive Bays | 2x 2.5″ Internal SATA SSD Bays | Dual 1 Gigabit Ethernet (Dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports can be added) | Remote Management (IPMI) | 3x USB | Built-in RAID | Speed up workflows by adding SSDs for read and write caching.
Ideal for file-sharing, backup, multimedia processing and distribution, video surveillance, edge/remote office, development, personal cloud, and other small/home office & SMB applications. Broaden your Mini’s capabilities with VMs and an extensive suite of software plugins.
FreeNAS supports Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Unix clients and syncs with AWS, Azure, Dropbox and more. Supports NFS, SMB, AFP, iSCSI and S3 file sharing protocols.
Built, tested, and supported in the U.S. by iXsystems. Proceeds support FreeNAS development.